Every Landlord's Legal Guide
To keep up with the law and make money as a residential landlord, you need a guide you can trust: Every Landlords Legal Guide.
From move-in to move-out, heres help with legal, financial, and day-to-day issues. Youll avoid hassles and headaches--not to mention legal fees and lawsuits. Use this top-selling book to:
- screen and choose tenants
- prepare leases and rental agreements
- avoid discrimination, invasion of privacy, personal injury, and other lawsuits
- hire a property manager
- keep up with repairs and maintenance
- make security deposit deductions
- handle broken leases
- learn how to terminate a tenancy for nonpayment of rent or other lease violations
- restrict tenants from renting their place on Airbnb, and
- deal with bedbugs, mold, and lead hazards.
The 15th edition is completely revised to provide your states current laws, covering deposits, rent, entry, termination, late rent notices, and more. It includes an expanded discussion on the risks in using email and texts to communicate with tenants.
With Downloadable Forms: includes access to more than 30 essential legal forms including a lease and rental agreement, rental application, notice of entry, tenant repair request, security deposit itemization, property manager agreement, and more. (details inside).
Author: Marcia Stewart, Janet Portman Attorney,
Release Date: 2020-05-26