HBR Guide to Finance Basics for Managers (HBR Guide Series)
DONT LET YOUR FEAR OF FINANCE GET IN THE WAY OF YOUR SUCCESS
Can you prepare a breakeven analysis? Do you know the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet? Or understand why a business thats profitable can still go belly-up? Has your grasp of your companys numbers helped--or hurt--your career?
Whether youre new to finance or you just need a refresher, this go-to guide will give you the tools and confidence you need to master the fundamentals, as all good managers must.
The HBR Guide to Finance Basics for Managers will help you:
- Learn the language of finance
- Compare your firms financials with rivals
- Shift your teams focus from revenues to profits
- Assess your vulnerability to industry downturns
- Use financial data to defend budget requests
- Invest smartly through cost/benefit analysis
Author: Harvard Business Review
Publisher: Harvard Business Review Press
Release Date: 2012-10-02