Skip to content
You Deserve to Be Rewarded. Earn points on every purchase. Rewards Page
You Deserve to Be Rewarded. Earn points on every purchase. Rewards Page

Making Miracles Happen

No reviews
When Gregory White Smith was thirty-four, his doctors handed him a death sentence. A benign brain tumor had suddenly turned malignant -- and according to the percentages, he'd be lucky to survive for another three months. But listening to the weather forecast one day, Smith had a revelation. Doctors, like weathermen, based their predictions on probabilities. And a 95 percent chance of rain still meant there was a 5 percent chance of sunshine.<P>Armed with this insight, Smith and his partner, Steven Naifeh, set out to beat the odds. They researched treatment options, consulted top specialists, and explored alternative therapies. In the end, their faith and determination paid off. Smith survived.<P>Making Miracles Happen details Smith's road to recovery. Along the way, we meet other patients who've bucked the odds and pulled through. And we get sound, practical advice on how any patient can set the stage for a miracle -- from tracking down the best medical care to maintaining the right mental attitude. For anyone who's ever faced a serious illness -- or known someone who has -- this inspiring, empowering book is required reading.
Product Details

Author: Gregory White Smith, Steven Naifeh

Language: English

Edition: (Edition: 1st)

Binding: Hardcover

Publisher: Little Brown & Co

Release Date: 1997-01-01

Pages: 320

ISBN: 0316597880

ISBN13: 9780316597883