The Nature of Money
In this important new book, Geoffrey Ingham draws on neglected traditions in the social sciences to develop a theory of the social relation of money.
- Genuinely multidisciplinary approach, based on a thorough knowledge of theories of money in the social sciences
- An original development of the neglected heterodox theories of money
- New histories of the origins and development of forms of money and their social relations of production in different monetary systems
- A radical interpretation of capitalism as a particular type of monetary system and the first sociological outline of the institutional structure of the social production of capitalist money
- A radical critique of recent writing on global e-money, the so-called end of money, and new monetary spaces such as the euro.
Author: Geoffrey Ingham
Edition: (Edition: 1)
Release Date: 2004-04-09