The Routledge Handbook of Spanish Language Teaching: metodologas, contextos y recursos para la enseanza del espaol L2 (Routledge Spanish Language Handbooks)
The Routledge Handbook of Spanish Language Teaching: metodologas, contextos y recursos para la enseanza del espaol L2 provides a comprehensive, state-of-the-art account of the main methodologies, contexts and resources in Spanish Language Teaching (SLT), a field that has experienced significant growth world-wide in recent decades and has consolidated as an autonomous discipline within Applied Linguistics.
Written entirely in Spanish, the volume is the first handbook on Spanish Language Teaching to connect theories on language teaching with methodological and practical aspects from an international perspective. It brings together the most recent research and offers a broad, multifaceted view of the discipline.
- Forty-four chapters offering an interdisciplinary overview of SLT written by over sixty renowned experts from around the world;
- Five broad sections that combine theoretical and practical components: Methodology; Language Skills; Formal and Grammatical Aspects; Sociocultural Aspects; and Tools and Resources;
- In-depth reflections on the practical aspects of Hispanic Linguistics and Spanish Language Teaching to further engage with new theoretical ideas and to understand how to tackle classroom-related matters;
- A consistent inner structure for each chapter with theoretical aspects, methodological guidelines, practical considerations, and valuable references for further reading;
- An array of teaching techniques, reflection questions, language samples, design of activities, and methodological guidelines throughout the volume.
The Routledge Handbook of Spanish Language Teaching contributes to enriching the field by being an essential reference work and study material for specialists, researchers, language practitioners, and current and future educators. The book will be equally useful for people interested in curriculum design and graduate students willing to acquire a complete and up-to-date view of the field with immediate applicability to the teaching of the language.
Author: Muoz-Basols, Javier
Release Date: 2020-06-30