What Makes Day and Night (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science 2)
Read and find out about what makes day and night in this colorfully illustrated nonfiction picture book.
This clear and appealing science book for early elementary age kids, both at home and in the classroom, uses simple, fun diagrams and a guided experiment to explain what makes day and night. This book also includes a find out more section with additional activities to track nocturnal animals and to compare different times of day around the world.
If you lived on the moon, you would have two straight weeks of daylight and then two weeks of night! On earth, we have both day and night in just twenty-four hours, thanks to the quick rotation of our planet. Read and find out more in What Makes Day and Night!
This is a Level 2 Lets-Read-and-Find-Out, which means the book explores more challenging concepts for children in the primary grades. The 100+ titles in this leading nonfiction series are:
- hands-on and visual
- acclaimed and trusted
- great for classrooms
Top 10 reasons to love LRFOs:
- Entertain and educate at the same time
- Have appealing, child-centered topics
- Developmentally appropriate for emerging readers
- Focused; answering questions instead of using survey approach
- Employ engaging picture book quality illustrations
- Use simple charts and graphics to improve visual literacy skills
- Feature hands-on activities to engage young scientists
- Meet national science education standards
- Written/illustrated by award-winning authors/illustrators & vetted by an expert in the field
- Over 130 titles in print, meeting a wide range of kids scientific interests
Books in this series support the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, and the Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) standards. Lets-Read-and-Find-Out is the winner of the American Association for the Advancement of Science/Subaru Science Books & Films Prize for Outstanding Science Series.
Author: Dr. Franklyn M. Branley
Release Date: 2015-08-04